Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Reflecting On Project 3

What was specifically revised from one draft to another?
My main concern for my revisions was the visual appearance of the presentation. Since it is an animated presentation, I wanted to make sure it was visually aesthetic and that the images supplemented the written information on each of the slides.

How did you reconsider your thesis or organization?
My thesis was reconsidered by making sure it could refute any counter arguments. I made my organization follow the structure laid out by my thesis so any changes I made to my thesis were reflected by corresponding organizational changes.

What led you to these changes?
My main concern was that my argument answered questions about the subject while simultaneously refuting any counter arguments. My changes were a reflection of this concern.

How do these changes affect your credibility as an author?
Seeing that my changes were concerned with informing my audience, I believe they aided and supplemented my credibility as an author.

How will these changes better address the audience?
The goal of my changes, especially the visual aides, was to better engage my audience with understandable information presented in an aesthetic fashion. This helps my audience understand my position and keeps them interested in the information.

How did you reconsider sentence structure and style?
Since this was a visual presentation, most of my slides were structured with bullets of information for ease of reading. I reconsidered my structure and style by assuring that each bullet provided clear, concise information relating to the purpose of each slide.

How will these changes assist your audience in understanding your purpose?
These changes will make my supporting evidence and my position as a whole much more understandable. The information is presented clearly and allows the audience to gain necessary knowledge quickly.

Did you have to reconsider the conventions of the particular genre in which you were writing?
For the most part, I did not. However, I did choose to include a conclusion slide that differed in style from typical examples from my genre. I included a long paragraph in this slide rather than a bullet list. The purpose of this divergence was to give my professor a solid conclusion. In reality, the content of the slide would be shorter and my verbal presentation would sound more like the paragraph I included on this slide.

Finally, how does the process of reflection help you reconsider your identity as a writer?
It shows me that I did not have to make any major changes to my project. I had a good idea of what the project was going to look like before I even started. I have become more of a heavy planner over the course of this class, and that is reflected  by the small amount of revisions that I have needed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment