Saturday, August 1, 2015

Reflection on Project 2

What was specifically revised from one draft to another?
The most major revisions from one draft to another was wording. I try to have my first draft look as much like my final draft as possible. That means that my global reorganizations are generally minimal. For this particular project, I had no global revisions other than a slight tweaking of my thesis.

How did you reconsider your thesis or organization?
My thesis really had to be clear and lay out a clear plan. Since I had this in mind for my first draft, I really just made sure that the layout of my paper followed the map that my thesis created. I reconsidered my thesis by making sure it sounded coherent and answered the question of "so what?"

What led you to these changes?
The driving factor behind these changes was making sure that the thesis answered the bigger questions, rather than just covering the surface details,

How do these changes affect your credibility as an author?
I think these changes positively affect my credibility since I made changes that improved the purpose of my writing.

How will these changes better address the audience?
These changes help the audience understand why I am writing the paper and especially why they are reading the paper.

How did you reconsider sentence structure and style?
I mainly focused on how my sentence structure flowed. I wanted my essay to read clearly and fluidly. My changes were a reflection of this goal.

How will these changes assist your audience in understanding your purpose?
These changes make my writing clearer and easier to read. This allows my audience to understand what they are reading and what the purpose of writing is.

Did you have to reconsider the conventions of the particular genre in which you were writing?
I thought I had a pretty clear idea of what my essay was supposed to look like. I did choose to include moer outside information that I had originally intended to give my writing a little more credibility.

Finally, how does the process of reflection help you reconsider your identity as a writer?
I realized that I like to plan my essay before jumping in. My goal is to create as complete of a draft as I can on my first attempt. This makes the revision process easier and allows me to work on how the essay sounds, as this is an area that I tend to struggle in. I am good at mapping out ideas, I just need to take my time in clearly communicating those ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment