Saturday, August 8, 2015

Reflection on Project 3 Draft

"The Reflection of Mount Hood in Mirror Lake" via Wikipedia
Public Domain Dedication License




I had the opportunity to peer review Nicole and Jason's drafts.

Now answering the questions from WPL p. 509

1. What was the purpose and audience of your original paper? How successfully did it acheive that purpose and reach that audience?

The goal of my paper was to inform the community near the WIPP about how the WIPP is still safe, despite the recent accident that occurred. Throughout my project I stayed focused on this idea and I believe I was able to successfully achieve that goal. I kept my formatting interesting and approachable so that my intended audience could easily understand the information and my position/

2. Why are you revising this project?

The project needs to be a little more engaging. It currently provides some interesting information and maps out my point effectively, but it lacks the polished and eye-catching appeal of a quality visual presentation.

3. Whom are you revising for?

I'm revising this for my audience so that they can better understand my information. Additionally, I am revising my project to engage my audience.

4. How will the following aspects of your project change?
  • Length: The presentation will become slightly longer. I intend to add a conclusion so that will extend it by a slide. The addition of photos will also add to the length.
  • Format: The format will remain largely unchanged except for the addition of some visuals.
  • Appearance: The largest changes are going to come here. I want to add some visual representations (pictures, plots, etc) to supplement the written information.
  • Use of Evidence: I used sufficient amount of evidence from reliable sources. I don't plan on adding any more.
  • Introduction and Conclusion: I believe my introduction is strong. I am lacking a conclusion, however. I plan on summarizing my position and points with a concluding slide for my presentation.
  • Structure of my argument: At the moment I am quite pleased with the structure of my argument.
  • Depth of your argument: I am also quite pleased with the depth of my argument as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment